Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
Here are the other videos I’ve done on the power of cherries to control inflammation:
• Anti-inflammatory Life is a Bowl of Cherries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries/)
• Gout Treatment with a Cherry on Top (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gout-treatment-with-a-cherry-on-top/)
• Reducing Muscle Soreness With Berries (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/)
Tart cherries (the kind people make pies out of, not the sweet kind) may also help with sleep (Tart Cherries for Insomnia: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/tart-cherries-for-insomnia).
What do you do with frozen cherries? I just eat them straight—suck on them like popsicles, but they’re also an integral part of my Healthy Chocolate Milkshakes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/healthy-chocolate-milkshakes/).
Another way to help treat gout is to drink lots of water and keep one’s urine alkaline by eating lots of dark green leafy vegetables (see Testing Your Diet with Pee & Purple Cabbage: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/testing-your-diet-with-pee-purple-cabbage/).
Since this video came out, I have a newer one on gout: Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-gout-attacks-with-diet/). And what role does uric acid play in Parkinson’s disease? See Parkinson’s Disease and the Uric Acid Sweet Spot (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/parkinsons-disease-and-the-uric-acid-sweet-spot/).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-treating-gout-with-cherry-juice and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-treating-gout-with-cherry-juice. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Images thanks to cnick via Pixabay.
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/