Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
This is the follow-up to The Benefits of Calorie Restriction for Longevity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Calorie-Restriction-for-Longevity).
For more on calorie restriction see:
• The Benefits of Caloric Restriction Without the Actual Restricting (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-benefits-of-caloric-restriction-without-the-actual-restricting/)
• Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/caloric-restriction-vs-animal-protein-restriction/)
• Caloric Restriction vs. Plant-Based Diets (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/caloric-restriction-vs-plant-based-diets/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/potential-pitfalls-of-calorie-restriction and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/potential-pitfalls-of-calorie-restriction. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Image credit: Thought Catalog / unsplash
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/