Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
OK, to recap: exercise, whole grains, fruits and vegetables—especially citrus, apples/pears, and dark green leafy vegetables—green tea, garlic, and nuts. These are all things we should strive to include in our daily routines. Besides smoking and salt, is there anything else we should avoid? That’s the subject of this next video: What Not to Eat for Stroke Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-not-to-eat-for-stroke-prevention).
For more info on protective foods, see my previous videos on stroke including:
• How to Prevent a Stroke (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-a-stroke/)
• Preventing Strokes with Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-strokes-with-diet/)
• PREDIMED: Does Eating Nuts Prevent Strokes? (https://nutritionfacts.org/videos/predimed-does-eating-nuts-prevent-strokes)
• Food Antioxidants, Stroke, and Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-antioxidants-stroke-and-heart-disease/)
• Is Canned Fruit as Healthy (https://nutritionfacts.org/videos/is-canned-fruit-as-healthy)
• Chocolate and Stroke Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/chocolate-and-stroke-risk)
• Best Foods to Reduce Stroke Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-to-reduce-stroke-risk/)
• Lowering Our Sodium to Potassium Ratio to Reduce Stroke Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Lowering-Our-Sodium-to-Potassium-Ratio-to-Reduce-Stroke-Risk)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-to-eat-for-stroke-prevention and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-to-eat-for-stroke-prevention. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-to-survive-a-pandemic/
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/